December fundraising season is less than a month away. Stop reading this blog post and go thank your donors.
Yes – before your competitor’s Thanksgiving “we never thank you during the year but are going to thank you now” video launches.
Yes – before you check your email and see the next urgent task you have to do.
Yes – before the day is done.
Go thank your donors. It’s simple.
- Write a heartfelt email showcasing one major accomplishment you achieved together.
- Include an uplifting photo.
- In the copy, invite your donor to respond to the email with any thoughts or feedback he or she has.
- Implement the message in your email service provider.
- Hit send.
- Respond to any donors who reply.
Easy! Gratitude given. Good feelings sent.
This will be the first in a weekly “One Thing You Should Do Today” series I’ll be launching throughout year-end fundraising season. Let me know if these actionable tips are helpful.